It Takes More Than a Village… It Takes a Community.
Thank you for your interest in helping the Youth served by Eddy House. We truly appreciate that you, or your group, want to make a difference in the lives of the most vulnerable young people in our community. As our needs are diverse and tend to change quite frequently, we created a Wishlist on Amazon.com as a simple way to display our needs. As we move forward in helping our youth, we discover what our yougn people need and add them to our Wishlist. Items can be purchased directly from Amazon.com, purchased locally and delivered to us at the Eddy House (Physical Address 423 E.6th St or Shipping Address PO Box 6207 Reno,NV 89503) , or you may choose to purchase an Amazon.com gift card.
Below are some examples of things Eddy House needs regularly. Many of the items on our list can be set up as, “Subscribe and Save” items and can be automatically shipped to us on a monthly basis.
If you would like to access our Wishlist, please follow these steps:
- Go to Amazon.com and search through “Accounts & Lists.”
- Type in “Eddy House.
- Find, “Eddy House Needs for Homeless and At-risk Youth.”
- If you have an Amazon Smile account and select Eddy House then our organization will receive an additional donations at the end of the year.
- Questions? Please feel free to email email@example.com or call us at 775-384-1129
Whether you choose to make a one-time donation, monthly donation, or quarterly donation we are so grateful for your support!
Donate Via PayPal
Breaking it Down: How Can YOU Help?
Contribute as an Individual
- Sponsor an on-going need! As listed above, visit our Eddy House Wishlist and purchase items for Eddy House that we use every day, every week, every month! These items include gift cards, back packs, cleaning supplies, snacks, toiletries, etc. Consider using the,”Subscribe and Save” feature and items will drop ship to us each month, or, purchase an Amazon.com gift card for us.
- Support Youth! Each youth interaction Eddy House requires an investment of $21.70. Click here to make a donation or sign-up for a repeating commitment.
- Become a Permanent Fixture! Explore our wishlist and choose items for our facility.
- Volunteer! Download our Volunteer Application. We rarely use volunteers on-site but we do use them for community events, deep cleaning and organizing our Clothing Closet.
Do you have a different idea how to help out? We’re all ears! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contributions as a Small Group
Nevada Womens Basketball team made a home-cooked meal and served to our youth at our Friday Family Meeting. GO PACK!
- Snacks! Sponsor all or part of the monthly snacks at the Eddy House. On a monthly basis, we need approximately 5,000 snacks. Your group can choose a month and amount to sponsor once, or every month!
- Care and Comfort! We offer showers for youth who are homeless at our walk-in center. We need toiletries such as soap, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, razors, toothpaste, toothbrush etc. Our current needs are just a click away on our Amazon Wishlist! Choose what you want and have the items dropped and shipped to us.
Click here for a printable Wish List !
- Friday Family Meals! Sponsor one of our weekly meals or an activity for the Eddy House
Contributions as a Large Group
In addition to the items we’ve suggested for individuals and small groups, we would love for your large group to consider the following additional options:
- Underwrite the snacks and/or activities for a month in our recreation space and/or the kitchen in the main Eddy House. This would be approximately 5,000 snacks each month. Snacks can be purchased or collected as donations at your location. We love healthy snacks. We will recognize your group for the month of your choosing, but please let us know when you are selecting a month so we don’t double book! You may also want to consider seasonal items such as ice cream in the summer or warm soups in the winter.
Underwrite a special project. We always have special projects that need champions like you! We have projects with budgets that range from $3,000 – $8,000. Many of these projects are currently on the Wishlist! Some of our most pressing needs include upgrades in our Tech Center, games and activities . If your group would like to be a champion of a special project, please contact us today so we can work with you to develop a plan and provide you with all of the support you might need.
Underwrite the Holiday Wish List or Special Meals
Each year we try and provide a nice holiday for the young people of Eddy House. We focus on useful items that they have identified that may help them day to day. This year we are collecting itesm for 200 people. A Printable Holiday Wish List can be downloaded here.
There are so many ways to show the youth served by Eddy House that the community truly cares about them. If you do not see something above that fits the needs of you or your group, please contact us so we can help. The best way to get into contact with Eddy House is to email us at email@example.com, or call us at 775-384-1129.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT AND CONSIDERATION.
If you would like to stay up-to-date with the latest happenings and news from Eddy House, sign-up for our Newsletter below, or, Volunteer! We’re always looking for enthusiastic and bright members of the community to help our mission.