Our hope is always to meet you in person so we can talk about your individual needs and address them together. If that’s not an option for you we have put together a list of very general resources we work with on a regular basis.
Things are ever-changing in our community, however, the best option is always to contact us directly whether that is in person, through an e-mail or by phone. You are the expert in your life, and you know best what works for you and where you want to be.
Keep in mind when using the resources listed that most have eligibility requirements and that nothing is a one size fits all program.
Eddy House has an overnight Drop-In Center & Community Living Program. Call or come in between 3-6pm.
- Reno Housing Authority – Waiting List Status
- Nevada Youth Empowerment Project (Young Women 18-24 )
- Catholic Charities – Casa DeVida (Pregnant Women)
- Catholic Charities – Crossroads
- Hosana Home
- Food Bank of Northern Nevada (Food Pantry and Monthly Mobile Pantry)
- Access Nevada (SNAP, Medicaid, Temporary Assistance)
Free Weekend Meals
Free hot lunches 11:30am
*Men must sign up in the A.M for dinner
Employment & Job Training
- Northern Nevada Literacy Council (HiSET and GED Connections)
- RISE Academy for Adult Education (HiSET)
- TMCC Workforce Development & Adult Education
- TMCC Enrollment/Financial Aid Assistance
- Washoe County School District
Other Types of Assistance
- Childrens Cabinet (Foster Care, Child Care, Counseling Services, Youth Workforce Programs)
- WCSD Child & Family Services – Family Resource Center (5 Locations)
- Washoe County Health District (Sexual Education and Testing)
- Northern Nevada Hopes (Medical Screening & Testing)
- Community Health Alliance (Free medical care for individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
- Reno Behavioral Health (Detox, InPatient and Mental Health Services)
- Human Behavior Institute (Substance Use, Mental Health & Counseling)
- Change Point (Harm Reduction)
- Ridge House (InPatient Treatment for recovery from addiction)
- Step 2 (Women)
- Step 1 (Men)
- Salvation Army
Domestic & Sexual Violence
- Safe Embrace (Domestic and Sexual Violence)
- Domestic Violence Resource Center
- SASS (Sexual Assault Support Services)
- Crisis Call Center (Suicide and Crisis )
- Trevor Project (suicide prevention services to (LGBTQ) young people under 25)
- Awaken (Trafficking Help and Awareness)
- RTC Public Transportation